FIGO Visiting Lecturer Scheme (formerly the FIGO Visiting Professorship Scheme)
The Executive Board recently agreed to revise the terms of this scheme, which is designed to promote the exchange of science among member societies.
Under the revised scheme, FIGO will consider applications from qualified professionals, through and with the support of the inviting member society, wishing to undertake a lecture tour of one or more countries in the developing world.The terms and conditions applicable to the scheme are as follows:
- FIGO will provide the cost of air travel in accordance with its current travel policy up to the maximum of US$ 2.000 per tour. A maximum of five tours per calendar year may be supported.
- Topics covered may be selected by the lecturer but must be on a topic of relevance to obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Applications will be critically reviewed by the FIGO Officers with a view to maximising the benefits for both the speakers and the beneficiary society/societies. All applications must include:
- A detailed breakdown of the travel costs involved
- A schedule of proposed speaking engagements
- A detailed programme of units to be visited and lectures to be given, and
- A letter of support from the Host Society/Socities confirming that it/they will meet all local costs, including accomodation, ground transport, and food.
A full report on all visits undertaken within the FIGO Visiting Lecturer Scheme must be submitted to the FIGO Officers after the visit has taken place.
FUTURE FELLOWSHIPS 2003
FIGO/Chien-Tien Hsu Fellowship
The FIGO/Chien-Tien Hsu Fellowship enable trainees/fellows who are beginning a career i gynaecologic oncology to attend the FIGO Worl Congress and to visit a gynaecologic oncology center in the country where a FIGO World Congress is being held.
70 WIMPOLE STREET
LONDON W1G 8AX
Tel: +44 20 7224 3270
Fax: +44 20 7935 0736