The journal is edited in line with the Declaration on the Rights and Duties of the Editor and follows the recommendations of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). It is also a member of the Norwegian Trade Press Association (Fagpressen) and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Tidsskriftet is also a member of DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals).
Our objectives are to:
- be a medium for medical education that stimulates doctors to maintain and enhance their clinical skills.
- encourage medical research and professional development
- contribute to the development of ethical and cultural standards in the medical community
- foster debate on health policy issues
- be a membership magazine for the Norwegian Medical Association